· Irresistibly beautiful doors from around the world · There’s something romantic about doors. Unique designs hint at what lies behind and the possibilities are endless. A well-designed door captures the imagination, leading us to imagine the people who’ve walked through them, when they did, and why. They inspire stories and serious door envy. You … More Headed for the Open Door
· What to wear in Amsterdam · Like many European cities, it’s best to stick to dark neutrals when dressing for your trip to Amsterdam. And by dark neutrals, we mean black. Okay, so maybe you can throw in some greys and navies, but if in doubt, choose black. Also like many other European cities, … More Putting the “Dam!” in Amsterdam
· What to do in Amsterdam, The Netherlands · Amsterdam has been a popular European destination for a few years now. And with its picturesque canals, open culture, and a population that speaks English almost as well as Dutch, it’s no wonder. Much like Rome, it can be hard to imagine the small city as … More Beer and Bitterballen
· Why Airbnbs are so great · Isn’t it funny to think that just a few years ago our only option for accommodation while traveling was a hotel or hostel? It’s crazy to imagine that world when Airbnb has become an excellent second option for your home away from home. And that’s really what they … More Home Sweet Airbnb
· What to wear in Boston, Massachusetts · With so many students, Boston is pretty laid back sartorially. A few years back, the standard uniform of college girls was leggings, a North Face fleece, Hunter boots and a Longchamp bag. You couldn’t go anywhere without seeing someone wearing this, and most of the time they … More Walking the Walking City
· Trends in fashion exhibitions and what that says about fashion and society · Fashion exhibitions, like fashion itself, come in trends. Close followers of fashion exhibitions tend to see patterns as museums that traditionally – and sometimes even not traditionally – host more and more fashion exhibitions. Those who watch closely tend to see … More Trending: Fashion Exhibitions
· Reflecting on House Style: Five Centuries of Style at Chatsworth House · When Chatsworth House’s special exhibition House Style: Five Centuries of Style opened in March, I read several articles about it in British Vogue and The Telegraph. It painted the picture of a stately home with a strong connection to fashion; among its … More Five Centuries of Fashion?