· How seeing clothes in person offers a fresh perspective · In our hyper-visual world, we’ve become accustomed to seeing images on a screen. Phone screen, computer screen, TV screen, we consume our images via a digital screen more often than not. … More Fashion IRL
· Exploring London’s lesser known areas · There’s something truly magical about Kensington. With curved streets of white mansions, a multitude of embassies, a royal palace, and more museums than you can hope for, it really is a place that’s rich with culture. Okay, so Kensington is probably the antithesis of a lesser known area of … More London Local: Kensington
· Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams at the V&A · One can imagine that an exhibition on Christian Dior will serve up serious style and ladylike elegance. But one might not expect just exactly the immersive nature of an exhibition on Dior put on by the Musée de Arts Decoratifs and the Victoria and Albert … More Dreaming with Dior
· What’s behind the new practice of museums asking for public input? · We’ve barely made a dent in 2019, but we’re already looking forward to 2021. Why the excitement for two years down the line? In 2021-22, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston plans to stage an exhibition on John Singer Sargent and fashion. One of our favorite portraitists, one of our … More Exhibition Input
· Fashioned from Nature at the V&A · In October, BBC Three premiered an episode of Stacey Dooley Investigates on the fashion industry. Titled “Fashion’s Dirty Secrets,” Dooley looked into the exploitative practices of the fashion industry with special emphasis on its environmental impact. It’s hard for me to believe that there are people out there who … More Natural Style?
· 2019’s most anticipated fashion exhibitions* · *This post focuses on New York and London. In recent years, both museums and designers have taken note of the popular demand for fashion exhibitions. Attracting high numbers of visitors, they are an attribute to underfunded museums … More Fashion Exhibition Bonanza
· A review of this year’s fashion exhibition at the V&A · If you’ve ever wanted to know how beautiful and surprising fashion can be, stop by Balenciaga: Shaping Fashion at the V&A in London. This year’s fashion exhibition explores Cristóbal Balenciaga’s career, label, and legacy, charting the history and craft of his garments. Spread … More Balenciaga: Shaping Fashion