· Scenes of Cambridge in the Autumn · Is there anything better than autumn? We think not. There’s something so refreshing about the cooler temps after a scorching summer and we love the deep reds and oranges that trees turn before dropping their leaves for the winter. The cooler mornings wrought with fog turning into … More When It Gets Crisp in the Fall
· England’s wisteria hysteria · There are many magical things about England. Honey-colored cities like Bath, Cambridge, and Oxford. Cathedrals dating back to the 1100s. Pubs from the 1600s. Being surrounded by history and the inspiration for stories like The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter. But perhaps one of … More May Flowers
· The Capilano Suspension Bridge near Vancouver, B.C. · Just north of Vancouver, B.C. is a nature-lover’s dream. Evergreen forests are cut by rivers and just to the west are picturesque views of the Pacific Ocean. … More Suspending Fear
· Scenes of Cambridge in the winter · We’re lucky here in Cambridge that it’s started to warm up the past few days. With glorious sunshine and temperate temperatures, it’s easy to think we’ve made it to spring. Maybe we have, but we’re also aware that we’re only halfway through February. With random snow, hail, and cold rain storms common in March, … More A Winter’s Tale
· Fashioned from Nature at the V&A · In October, BBC Three premiered an episode of Stacey Dooley Investigates on the fashion industry. Titled “Fashion’s Dirty Secrets,” Dooley looked into the exploitative practices of the fashion industry with special emphasis on its environmental impact. It’s hard for me to believe that there are people out there who … More Natural Style?
· A taste of one of London’s “Magnificent Seven” cemeteries · Cemeteries are kind of enchanting, aren’t they? Call me morbid, but I love a good stroll through an old cemetery. Reading names and dates, seeing the different ways families immortalized their kin; there’s something deeply fascinating about a wander around a graveyard, many of which … More Truly Gothic
· Forging a connection at Force of Nature at the Museum at FIT · Just blocks away from the Highline in the middle of Chelsea, the Museum at FIT hosts a small, but – unusual in New York – free set of galleries wait for lovers of fashion. Curated by Valerie Steele – a well-known and highly … More Nature, Science, and Fashion