· Exploring the world through words · I know I’m not the first person to fall in love with London. The English city has been captivating people for over 2000 years and thanks to movies, TV shows, and books, there are some who fall in love with it without ever visiting. For those of us … More Places of Fiction: Edward Rutherfurd’s London: The Novel
· Exploring a National Trust property in Richmond · Down the Thames from central London, lies the lovely suburb of Richmond. Originally founded by Henry VII, the suburb features picturesque Georgian townhomes, a bustling town, and a sprawling historic deer park. Easily reached by Tube, Overground, or train, the historic little town is well worth a visit. And just down the river … More Hamming It Up
· Exploring London’s lesser known areas · Sprawling over 600 square miles, London is undoubtedly full of unique spots around every corner. Unfortunately, so many people only see popular tourist areas like Westminster, Covent Garden, and St Paul’s. While these pockets of London certainly have their charms, London has so much more to offer. Samuel … More London Local: Stoke Newington
· Exploring the magic of the English pub · For hundreds of years pubs have been the centerpiece of British life. The pub is where communities have long come together to socialize, conduct business, and relax. While they may no longer hold quite the place they once did, it is still where many finish their days. … More Pub Primer
· Fashioned from Nature at the V&A · In October, BBC Three premiered an episode of Stacey Dooley Investigates on the fashion industry. Titled “Fashion’s Dirty Secrets,” Dooley looked into the exploitative practices of the fashion industry with special emphasis on its environmental impact. It’s hard for me to believe that there are people out there who … More Natural Style?
· Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs at the Fashion and Textile Museum · In 2016, the Fashion and Textile Museum in London staged one of their most popular exhibitions to date: 1920s Jazz Age: Fashion and Photographs. Following on from this extremely successful exhibition, the Museum recently staged Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs. … More Flirty Thirties
· 2019’s most anticipated fashion exhibitions* · *This post focuses on New York and London. In recent years, both museums and designers have taken note of the popular demand for fashion exhibitions. Attracting high numbers of visitors, they are an attribute to underfunded museums … More Fashion Exhibition Bonanza