· Exploring the magic of the English pub · For hundreds of years pubs have been the centerpiece of British life. The pub is where communities have long come together to socialize, conduct business, and relax. While they may no longer hold quite the place they once did, it is still where many finish their days. … More Pub Primer
· Fashioned from Nature at the V&A · In October, BBC Three premiered an episode of Stacey Dooley Investigates on the fashion industry. Titled “Fashion’s Dirty Secrets,” Dooley looked into the exploitative practices of the fashion industry with special emphasis on its environmental impact. It’s hard for me to believe that there are people out there who … More Natural Style?
· Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs at the Fashion and Textile Museum · In 2016, the Fashion and Textile Museum in London staged one of their most popular exhibitions to date: 1920s Jazz Age: Fashion and Photographs. Following on from this extremely successful exhibition, the Museum recently staged Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs. … More Flirty Thirties
· 2019’s most anticipated fashion exhibitions* · *This post focuses on New York and London. In recent years, both museums and designers have taken note of the popular demand for fashion exhibitions. Attracting high numbers of visitors, they are an attribute to underfunded museums and also lend cultural currency to fashion houses through the association with the … More Fashion Exhibition Bonanza
· A taste of one of London’s “Magnificent Seven” cemeteries · Cemeteries are kind of enchanting, aren’t they? Call me morbid, but I love a good stroll through an old cemetery. Reading names and dates, seeing the different ways families immortalized their kin; there’s something deeply fascinating about a wander around a graveyard, many of which … More Truly Gothic
· Irresistibly beautiful doors from around the world · There’s something romantic about doors. Unique designs hint at what lies behind and the possibilities are endless. A well-designed door captures the imagination, leading us to imagine the people who’ve walked through them, when they did, and why. They inspire stories and serious door envy. You … More Headed for the Open Door
· The best of Christmas markets around the world · One of the best parts of traveling in November and December is all the Christmas markets you encounter around the world. The pop-up markets are often elaborate little villages with shops and decorations that put you in the holiday mood. Grab a mulled wine on … More Feeling Festive around the world