· What to wear in Dublin · Dublin, that fair city, is pretty low-key. Though a bustling capital city, the residents are friendly and down-to-earth. Situated on the coast, a cool breeze often bites through the city and there’s always the present danger of rain. On the small side, as well, you can expect to do … More Dubliner Style
· Fashioned from Nature at the V&A · In October, BBC Three premiered an episode of Stacey Dooley Investigates on the fashion industry. Titled “Fashion’s Dirty Secrets,” Dooley looked into the exploitative practices of the fashion industry with special emphasis on its environmental impact. It’s hard for me to believe that there are people out there who … More Natural Style?
· Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs at the Fashion and Textile Museum · In 2016, the Fashion and Textile Museum in London staged one of their most popular exhibitions to date: 1920s Jazz Age: Fashion and Photographs. Following on from this extremely successful exhibition, the Museum recently staged Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs. … More Flirty Thirties
· 2019’s most anticipated fashion exhibitions* · *This post focuses on New York and London. In recent years, both museums and designers have taken note of the popular demand for fashion exhibitions. Attracting high numbers of visitors, they are an attribute to underfunded museums … More Fashion Exhibition Bonanza
· Family fashions that bear memories · In the months after my grandfather’s passing, I spent several days at my grandparents’ home helping my grandma get it ready to sell. These were hard days sorting through memories or doing dirty work cleaning, but I was happy I had the time to help. During one of … More Family Fashions: Grandma Nicki’s Clutch
· Norell: Dean of American Fashion at the Museum at FIT · Before hearing about the Museum at FIT’s early spring exhibition, I must admit I had never heard of Norman Norell. “The Dean of American Fashion,” the exhibition called him. What did that mean and who was this man who was worthy of an exhibition though … More Fashioning Americana
· A review of Linda Przybyszewski’s book about the “Dress Doctors” · A few years ago, my grandma gave me a family archive of letters – including years of annual Christmas letters from when my mom was a little girl. I was amused – and unsurprised – to learn that my mom had won a spot … More The Lost Art of Dress