· Scenes of Cambridge in the winter · We’re lucky here in Cambridge that it’s started to warm up the past few days. With glorious sunshine and temperate temperatures, it’s easy to think we’ve made it to spring. Maybe we have, but we’re also aware that we’re only halfway through February. With random snow, hail, and cold rain storms common in March, … More A Winter’s Tale
· Exploring a National Trust property in East Anglia · The United Kingdom is one of the most underrated countries. Like Ireland, it has rolling green hills, small mountains, rugged coastlines, and picturesque rivers. However, its beauty is often overlooked as tourists head to London and London only. While we are the last people to say anything bad about … More Winter at Wimpole
· Exploring the magic of the English pub · For hundreds of years pubs have been the centerpiece of British life. The pub is where communities have long come together to socialize, conduct business, and relax. While they may no longer hold quite the place they once did, it is still where many finish their days. … More Pub Primer
· What to wear in Dublin · Dublin, that fair city, is pretty low-key. Though a bustling capital city, the residents are friendly and down-to-earth. Situated on the coast, a cool breeze often bites through the city and there’s always the present danger of rain. On the small side, as well, you can expect to do … More Dubliner Style
· What to do in Dublin, Ireland· Though Ireland be but little, her popularity is fierce. There is something magical and romantic about the scenic country. Mountains, sea views, and rolling green hills, there’s no denying its beauty. A country so picturesque deserves a capital city that equals and Dublin does not disappoint. Situated on … More Good Craic
· Fashioned from Nature at the V&A · In October, BBC Three premiered an episode of Stacey Dooley Investigates on the fashion industry. Titled “Fashion’s Dirty Secrets,” Dooley looked into the exploitative practices of the fashion industry with special emphasis on its environmental impact. It’s hard for me to believe that there are people out there who … More Natural Style?
· Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs at the Fashion and Textile Museum · In 2016, the Fashion and Textile Museum in London staged one of their most popular exhibitions to date: 1920s Jazz Age: Fashion and Photographs. Following on from this extremely successful exhibition, the Museum recently staged Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs. … More Flirty Thirties