· Why Airbnbs are so great · Isn’t it funny to think that just a few years ago our only option for accommodation while traveling was a hotel or hostel? It’s crazy to imagine that world when Airbnb has become an excellent second option for your home away from home. And that’s really what they … More Home Sweet Airbnb
· What to wear in Boston, Massachusetts · With so many students, Boston is pretty laid back sartorially. A few years back, the standard uniform of college girls was leggings, a North Face fleece, Hunter boots and a Longchamp bag. You couldn’t go anywhere without seeing someone wearing this, and most of the time they … More Walking the Walking City
· What to do in Boston, Massachusetts · “Boston is the greatest city in the world!” This is what 30 Rock’s Jack Donaghy yelled at Liz Lemon as they fought over whose hometown was better (Liz being from Philly). He’s not wrong. Boston is an irresistibly charming city that boasts history, intelligence, and an intense love … More The Hub of the Universe: Boston
· Trends in fashion exhibitions and what that says about fashion and society · Fashion exhibitions, like fashion itself, come in trends. Close followers of fashion exhibitions tend to see patterns as museums that traditionally – and sometimes even not traditionally – host more and more fashion exhibitions. Those who watch closely tend to see … More Trending: Fashion Exhibitions
It seems that Oxford has a little of everything named after it. There’s the Oxford comma, the Oxford Dictionary, and even Oxford Street, London’s busiest shopping street. Perhaps it’s fitting, then, given Oxford Street’s association with shopping, that three of Oxford’s namesakes are fashion related: Oxford shoes, Oxford shirts, and Oxford bags. Why, then, does … More Fashion Moment: Oxford
· Reflecting on House Style: Five Centuries of Style at Chatsworth House · When Chatsworth House’s special exhibition House Style: Five Centuries of Style opened in March, I read several articles about it in British Vogue and The Telegraph. It painted the picture of a stately home with a strong connection to fashion; among its … More Five Centuries of Fashion?
· New York Subway vs. London Tube · Ah, public transport. A necessary evil in any city dwellers life, it tends to hold an inordinate amount of power. It can get you to work on time, or make you so late, you get fired. It can help you meet a friend or make it impossible … More Subway Showdown