· New York Subway vs. London Tube · Ah, public transport. A necessary evil in any city dwellers life, it tends to hold an inordinate amount of power. It can get you to work on time, or make you so late, you get fired. It can help you meet a friend or make it impossible … More Subway Showdown
· What to wear in Edinburgh, Scotland · In a place as magical as Edinburgh, you’ll want to dress the part. Surprisingly, its home country has a strong sartorial presence, thanks to Harris Tweed and traditional tartans. The cold northern country makes sweaters and jackets both necessary and irresistible, and layers are essential. While the … More Sartorially Scottish
· What to do in Edinburgh, Scotland · There’s something irresistible about Scotland’s majestic and ancient city of Edinburgh. With its castle on the hill, layers of streets and architecture, and picturesque landscape, Edinburgh is the perfect weekend getaway. With a city layout that’s accessible and walkable, there’s not much needed other than good walking … More Caledonian Capital
· An Ode to London’s Victoria Park · There are many things to love about London: the layers of history built into the streets, the world-renowned museums and galleries, the picturesque vistas, the lively pubs. But arguably, one of the greatest things about London is its parks. No matter where you live, visit or stay, … More All hail the ‘People’s Park’
I lost my phone on the way to Rome a few years ago. My friend and I were traveling from Paris to Rome and when I got to the airport, my phone was nowhere to be found. Unfortunately, we were relying on my international plan for navigating and planning. My friend could use her phone … More Travel Tidbit: Italian Phrases to Survive in Italy
· What to wear in Washington, D.C. · Despite all the articles starting with, “While fashion is not the first thing to come to mind when you think of Washington, D.C.,” the capital city actually boasts some distinct style icons. Jackie Kennedy’s skirt suits and pillbox hats, Michelle Obama’s J. Crew sweater sets, Claire Underwood’s … More Capital City Style
· What to do in Washington, D.C. · These days, the mention of Washington, D.C. can be polarizing. In our increasingly polarized political landscape, D.C. has come to represent corruption, inaction, or inappropriate action. However, underneath the strife is one of America’s great cities, a popular destination for Americans and foreigners alike. The Capital is … More City of Cards: Washington, D.C.