· Angela Kelly’s The Other Side of the Coin · As we know, the royals put a lot of thought into their clothing choices. From the Duchess of Cambridge, to the stylish European queens, to the fashion icon Queen Elizabeth, it’s not hard to tell that these royal ladies put a lot of thought into … More A Peek into HM’s Wardrobe
· Swinging London: A Lifestyle Revolution/Terence Conran – Mary Quant at the Fashion and Textile Museum · It seems there’s something in the air in 2019 that is making us nostalgic for the sixties. Specifically, Mary Quant’s 1960s: two of London’s most prominent fashion museums are both hosting exhibitions on the Swinging Sixties focusing on … More Not Quite “Quant”
· Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams at the V&A · One can imagine that an exhibition on Christian Dior will serve up serious style and ladylike elegance. But one might not expect just exactly the immersive nature of an exhibition on Dior put on by the Musée de Arts Decoratifs and the Victoria and Albert … More Dreaming with Dior
· Exploring the world through words · I know I’m not the first person to fall in love with London. The English city has been captivating people for over 2000 years and thanks to movies, TV shows, and books, there are some who fall in love with it without ever visiting. For those of us … More Places of Fiction: Edward Rutherfurd’s London: The Novel
· Styling the eighteenth century in the twenty-first · It’s been said that costumes in historical films reflect more on the current times than they do on the period being portrayed. It seems that The Favourite costume designer Sandy Powell was aware of this, and, in fact, leaned into it while designing the costumes for the Oscar, BAFTA, and Golden Globe-nominated film. … More Queen Anne’s (Laser-Cut) Lace
· Fashioned from Nature at the V&A · In October, BBC Three premiered an episode of Stacey Dooley Investigates on the fashion industry. Titled “Fashion’s Dirty Secrets,” Dooley looked into the exploitative practices of the fashion industry with special emphasis on its environmental impact. It’s hard for me to believe that there are people out there who … More Natural Style?
· Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs at the Fashion and Textile Museum · In 2016, the Fashion and Textile Museum in London staged one of their most popular exhibitions to date: 1920s Jazz Age: Fashion and Photographs. Following on from this extremely successful exhibition, the Museum recently staged Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs. … More Flirty Thirties