· Fashioned from Nature at the V&A · In October, BBC Three premiered an episode of Stacey Dooley Investigates on the fashion industry. Titled “Fashion’s Dirty Secrets,” Dooley looked into the exploitative practices of the fashion industry with special emphasis on its environmental impact. It’s hard for me to believe that there are people out there who … More Natural Style?
· Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs at the Fashion and Textile Museum · In 2016, the Fashion and Textile Museum in London staged one of their most popular exhibitions to date: 1920s Jazz Age: Fashion and Photographs. Following on from this extremely successful exhibition, the Museum recently staged Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs. … More Flirty Thirties
· 2019’s most anticipated fashion exhibitions* · *This post focuses on New York and London. In recent years, both museums and designers have taken note of the popular demand for fashion exhibitions. Attracting high numbers of visitors, they are an attribute to underfunded museums and also lend cultural currency to fashion houses through the association with the … More Fashion Exhibition Bonanza
· How American Girl sparked my interest in fashion history · The summer between my freshman and sophomore years in college, I read a novel in which the main character was a fashion historian. I don’t remember the name of the novel or much of the plot, but I remember that job title. I had … More An American Girl and Her Dolls
· The best royal fashions of 2018 · Twenty-eighteen was a big year for the British Royal Family. A Royal Baby! A Royal Wedding! Another Royal Wedding! Another Royal Baby on the way! Charles turned 70! Okay, so maybe we don’t care as much about that last one. But there’s no denying that it contributed … More Royal Fashion Round-Up
· Family fashions that bear memories · In the months after my grandfather’s passing, I spent several days at my grandparents’ home helping my grandma get it ready to sell. These were hard days sorting through memories or doing dirty work cleaning, but I was happy I had the time to help. During one of … More Family Fashions: Grandma Nicki’s Clutch
· Princess Eugenie’s surprising wedding dress inspiration · Though it may not have been the Royal Wedding of the year, Princess Eugenie’s wedding to Jack Brooksbank today did not disappoint. Despite gusts of wind that threatened to blow the hats off of all the guests’ heads, the British Royal family enjoyed a lovely autumnal wedding. Gorgeous … More Something Borrowed