When Pantone declared 2019 the year of “Living Coral” they were spot on. However, perhaps not quite in the way they intended. While Pantone was referring to the colour of the year, it seems the couture runways have run with the idea, too. While many designers used the bright pink colour Pantone referred to, designers … More Fashion Moment: Living Coral
· What to wear in Dublin · Dublin, that fair city, is pretty low-key. Though a bustling capital city, the residents are friendly and down-to-earth. Situated on the coast, a cool breeze often bites through the city and there’s always the present danger of rain. On the small side, as well, you can expect to do … More Dubliner Style
· What to do in Dublin, Ireland· Though Ireland be but little, her popularity is fierce. There is something magical and romantic about the scenic country. Mountains, sea views, and rolling green hills, there’s no denying its beauty. A country so picturesque deserves a capital city that equals and Dublin does not disappoint. Situated on … More Good Craic
· Fashioned from Nature at the V&A · In October, BBC Three premiered an episode of Stacey Dooley Investigates on the fashion industry. Titled “Fashion’s Dirty Secrets,” Dooley looked into the exploitative practices of the fashion industry with special emphasis on its environmental impact. It’s hard for me to believe that there are people out there who … More Natural Style?
· Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs at the Fashion and Textile Museum · In 2016, the Fashion and Textile Museum in London staged one of their most popular exhibitions to date: 1920s Jazz Age: Fashion and Photographs. Following on from this extremely successful exhibition, the Museum recently staged Night and Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs. … More Flirty Thirties
· 2019’s most anticipated fashion exhibitions* · *This post focuses on New York and London. In recent years, both museums and designers have taken note of the popular demand for fashion exhibitions. Attracting high numbers of visitors, they are an attribute to underfunded museums and also lend cultural currency to fashion houses through the association with the … More Fashion Exhibition Bonanza
· A taste of one of London’s “Magnificent Seven” cemeteries · Cemeteries are kind of enchanting, aren’t they? Call me morbid, but I love a good stroll through an old cemetery. Reading names and dates, seeing the different ways families immortalized their kin; there’s something deeply fascinating about a wander around a graveyard, many of which … More Truly Gothic