It seems that Oxford has a little of everything named after it. There’s the Oxford comma, the Oxford Dictionary, and even Oxford Street, London’s busiest shopping street. Perhaps it’s fitting, then, given Oxford Street’s association with shopping, that three of Oxford’s namesakes are fashion related: Oxford shoes, Oxford shirts, and Oxford bags. Why, then, does … More Fashion Moment: Oxford
· Reflecting on House Style: Five Centuries of Style at Chatsworth House · When Chatsworth House’s special exhibition House Style: Five Centuries of Style opened in March, I read several articles about it in British Vogue and The Telegraph. It painted the picture of a stately home with a strong connection to fashion; among its … More Five Centuries of Fashion?
· New York Subway vs. London Tube · Ah, public transport. A necessary evil in any city dwellers life, it tends to hold an inordinate amount of power. It can get you to work on time, or make you so late, you get fired. It can help you meet a friend or make it impossible … More Subway Showdown
It seems like daytime pajamas are everywhere. As Milan Fashion Week wrapped up, Vogue.com reported on the different pajamas they spotted while monitoring street style. But pajamas weren’t just on the streets (or in the sheets), they were also on the runway, and even Target has a set of pajamas on prominent display. While it’s … More Fashion Moment: Pajamas
· What to wear in Edinburgh, Scotland · In a place as magical as Edinburgh, you’ll want to dress the part. Surprisingly, its home country has a strong sartorial presence, thanks to Harris Tweed and traditional tartans. The cold northern country makes sweaters and jackets both necessary and irresistible, and layers are essential. While the … More Sartorially Scottish
· What to do in Edinburgh, Scotland · There’s something irresistible about Scotland’s majestic and ancient city of Edinburgh. With its castle on the hill, layers of streets and architecture, and picturesque landscape, Edinburgh is the perfect weekend getaway. With a city layout that’s accessible and walkable, there’s not much needed other than good walking … More Caledonian Capital
· Navigating the cutthroat world of Fashion Week · As fashion month plugs along in Milan, I’m reflecting back on New York Fashion Week which ended a week ago. Covering a handful of shows for The Fashion Conversation, I attended as what I felt was an “inside outsider” – I had every right to be … More NYFW as an Inside Outsider